This is an exhilarating and physically challenging climb that can be made in just one day from Huaraz. It is suitable for beginner level climbers and also a great acclimatization climb for advanced climbers. Mateo is located in the spectacular Ulta Valley surrounded by many of the biggest peaks in the Huascaran National Park like Huascaran, Chopicalqui and Chacraraju.
What is included
What is not included
- Transport: From your hotel in Huaraz to the starting point of your expedition, and from the finishing point of your expedition back to your hotel in Huaraz. We use minivans or 4x4 depending on the size of the group.
- Guide: Qualified and experienced mountain guide who speaks Spanish and English.
- Food: Breakfast and packed lunch.
- Equipment: Ropes, carabiners, slings, harness, helmet, crampons, ice ax, gaiters.
Entrance fees to the National Park, dinner, soft drinks or alcoholic beverages, medical treatment, travel insurance, tips, additional expenses as a result of leaving the expedition early, additional expenses as a result of an emergency rescue or evacuation, bottled water, toilet paper.
What to bring
Missing something? We can provide you with everything you need for a great expedition, just let us know how we can help.
- Mountain backpack (40 liters)
- Walking sticks if you have knee problems
- Mountain boots
- Head torch
- Sun protection: sunscreen (factor 40 minimum), hat, sunglasses
- Comfortable clothes: t-shirts (quick dry or merino wool recommended), trekking trousers or leggings, sweater, woolen trekking socks, fleece, gloves, hat
- Down jacket
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (Gore-Tex recommended)
- Gore-Tex gloves
- Water bottle
- Toilet paper
- Extra snacks and money
Departures and Prices 2019
Organize your own private trip or join a group
We organize private trips on any dates, for any group size. Depending on availability you can also join a confirmed private group.
|Number of people
||Price (per person)
|2 - 4
|5 - 8